Monday, March 19, 2018

Oh Please! Who am I kidding?


At the end of last year I made myself a promise. 

A New Year, A New Body! 

I know, I know......but please, allow me to explain....

First, there were the holidays. Now, realistically speaking it wouldn't be even logical attempt healthy eating during the holiday season. So, I guess I'll just start in the new year.  

January 1st: Well, okay, maybe not on New Years Day, I mean we always have a family dinner.....

January 6th: Okay, well you can't blame me for this one. They had a surprise birthday party for me and I had to partake in the festivities, right? 

January 16th: Today is Julie's birthday. I know we celebrated as a family on the 14th, but I have to have cake for her today. She can't possibly eat it herself. 

January 27th: Yeah, I know it's nearly February, seriously, it's been a tough week. A girls weekend is in order. Mmm... homemade pizza. I won't cheat too much. 

February 13th. Today is Fat Tuesday!! My daughter and I have decided to gourd ourselves with Paczki. We're going to start fresh tomorrow!! 

February 14th: I told my son I was on a diet. Now what am I going to do with this box of  Fannie May Chocolate? I guess I could eat a few pieces. 

Fast forward today....

March 19th:  Okay, so this past weekend was St. Patrick's Day. A little corned beef and cabbage, a few potatoes, and some Irish soda bread smothered in butter.  A glass or two or three of Guinness. I mean we have to celebrate the Irish heritage, right? 

So, starting today I'm going to......Oh, Please! Who am I kidding????? 
















2 comments:

  1. Haha I love this because my commentary would be exactly the same! We have to partake in the simple joys when they are right in front of us! Plus, there's always tomorrow. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the spirit of dieting misery loves company, I hear you, girlfriend. I blame Jena and Brad, VP and Principal at my school. Jena bakes cupcakes; Brad feeds us all the time; we have a staff party every month. At my age I'm not trying to get into a bikini but do want to be healthy, which is why I baked pizza crust cinnamon rolls today, smothered them in glaze, and ate two. It was a reward for going to the gym.

    ReplyDelete