Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Who's the mom here, anyway?

It's past ten on a Wednesday night and I am beyond exhausted!!

"Did you write your blog today?" My daughter asks as I tiptoe toward my bedroom. (True story!)

"Wha'?, er, I mean what?" I stutter.

"Did you write your blog today?" she repeats knowingly.

"Uh, well no, I didn't. Um, I had a really busy day, and now I am sooo tired!!"

She rolls her eyes and shakes her head.

"Go!", she prods, "do it now. If you're going something it, do it right, right?"

"Well", I pronounce smugly, "they said we don't have to write everyday....so.."

"Nope, Mom, she cuts me off. "This isn't about anyone else, this is about you. No quitting.

Damn, I hate when my kids are right, but aren't I lucky?

So, here is my blog.......Hmm....who's the mom here, anyway?  :-)


1 comment: