Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Gentle reminders

Today our school launched its second annual year One Book, One School Event.

The idea behind One Book, One School is that every family, teacher, and staff member at our school will be reading the same book at the same time.

While I take delight in participating in a project that partners our school and community in promoting literacy, I find there are other benefits as well.

Like being introduced to an old friend.

This year we are reading Charlotte's Webb, by E.B. White

I take joy in the familiarity of this timeless childhood classic and am gently reminded we're never too old  to relearn lessons we may have forgotten along the way.....

“Why did you do all this for me?' he asked. 'I don't deserve it. I've never done anything for you.' 'You have been my friend,' replied Charlotte. 'That in itself is a tremendous thing.” 
― E.B. White, Charlotte's Web

I mean really, does it get any better than that?










3 comments:

  1. Lovely slice. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. Nothing, absolutely nothing, better than that!!!!

    ReplyDelete