Sunday, March 10, 2019

I've Gotta Pee!



A gentle nudge. Her cold wet nose rouses me from sweet slumbery dreams.

"Not now!", I groan, my voice is dusky, manly. "Ugh!" I toss for dramatic flare. Plopping the pillows over my head I fade easily into misty remnants of my dream.

Her whine is dainty, respectful, but persistent. She's gotta pee!

"Okay, girl!" I acknowledge, but can't help indulge myself for a one more minute. I stretch. I roll. Her tail wags in anticipation, her excited squeal follows suit. Come on, Mom!, she seems to say. 

The selfish me hides from the briskness of the morning air. Comfy under the luxury of soft down, I drift off one last time. 

She whines again, this time in desperation.  Uh, oh. I've waited too long. 

I pop up to offer an apology. I ruffle her fur. No time for that, her eyes seem to say, I've gotta go now!!

Slipping into my robe, I fight to keep up as she scurries down the stairs toward the back door. I watch quietly as she disappears into the hazy predawn darkness. Now that's a beautiful soul, I think. Patient, kind and oh so forgiving.

Then it hits me

Back up the stairs run....I've gotta pee!



1 comment:

  1. Ha! This is gold. This dance is so familiar to me. Well done!

    ReplyDelete