Sunday, March 8, 2020

The gift of perfection...



My senses soar as I  breathe in the early morning air. Crisp, clean, fragrant, holding the promise of spring, 

My heart smiles. 

I watch intently. Chittering birds flit from tree to tree, setting a perfect backdrop for mother nature's ,(soon to be), glorious show.

And then it happens...

Muted skies burst into a symphony of firy colors, welcoming the new day

I stand frozen, 

Breathlessly trying to hold on to the magic  before it slips away.

Feverishly I write, an attempt to capture the purity of the moment.

I fail, but do not despair.

My fingers continue to fly accoss the keyboard. 

I say thank you! 

Dawn is the gift of perfection. 








2 comments:

  1. Ah, I can picture you in the moment. I was still sound asleep. I might try some writing at my 3 am hour and see what happens. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning capture of the beauty with your words. I agree with that feeling that we don't want it to ever end!!

    ReplyDelete