Thursday, March 26, 2015

913



To the world, 913 is not very blog worthy. I mean, it's a number, and let's face it, (my apology to math teachers), how exciting can a number be? ha ha

I've decided, however, that this particular number is worthy of a shout out, at least for today. You see, it represents a crossroad....... a tiny moment in time that changed my future forever.

At 7:30 AM, on September 24, 2012, I crushed out my last cigarette in the parking garage at Christ Hospital.....I did it to honor the love of my life......I did it to save him.

Today,  913 days later, I remain smoke free.....I do it to honor his memory. I do it to honor me.

1 comment:

  1. I think everyone that has had this experience feels this way. My mom still leans in close to anyone around her that smokes. Be proud of yourself!! that is one damn hard accomplishment!!!

    ReplyDelete