Recently, I've had some rough patches in my life.
"I feel so bad for you! Don't you feel like the universe is out to get you?", came the words of a well meaning friend.
While I won't dwell on details, I thought I'd some personal thoughts. After all, isn't that why we write?
It occurs to me that the universe is not "out to get me". In fact, I look at it in reverse.
While I don't particularly welcome life's challenges, I have learned to appreciate them for what they are. A gift, an opportunity to grow, a chance to learn from, and strengthen, my weaknesses.
I recognize my flaws.....especially those I tend to repeat over and over and over.
- I must learn to be proactive, not reactive.
- I must learn to trade anger for forgiveness
- I must learn to embrace the beauty rather than pain
- I must learn to trust in others and not try to go it alone.
- I must remember that if I focus on the path, the obstacles will be so much less daunting.
As I face today, I will find that ray of sunshine behind the clouds. I will smile in the midst of my tears.
For at the end of the day, I'll continue to believe, the universe has my back.