Wednesday, March 4, 2015

A trip worthwhile

cd1791dfa0ce1b24250f6a7067008f47.jpg (876×493)

They brace against the icy winds
They trudge through mounds of snow
They slip, they slide, they hold on tight
to each other in the snow

The stream of traffic never ends
and seems it never will
but patiently, they stand and wait
Then cross with grace and skill

My admiration grows each day
'cause they never lose their cool
no matter what, they make the time
to walk their kids to school

As they pass me by each morning
Our greeting is a smile
For we all know that the trip they've made
Shall forever be worthwhile...................... 






2 comments:

  1. Darlene, I can't see your picture! But, actually, I'm kind of glad because now I can intrerpret this poem the way I'd like.

    I love this. I love the rhythm of it and the rhyme so much. What a talent you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely poem about a moment that most people would look past.

    ReplyDelete