Wednesday, March 9, 2016

"Twas the morning....



'Twas the morning before school, and all through the house,
Not a creature was stirring, not even "my" mouse;
I've got to get going, I thought, as I flopped,
in the comfy old chair with my open laptop;

The words only trickled and were random at best,
But challenging myself, I was up for the test;
I tapped at the keys with a confident pace,
Just to backspace and edit, correct, and erase;

Yes, slicing was daunting first thing in the day,
but things could be worse, is what I always say;
As I sit here this morning, I happy to write,
for I know it's much easier than writing at night.

2 comments:

  1. I, too, find the words flowing easier in the morning. There's something about the start of a new day, after a good night's rest, that makes it easier to find the right words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this. Clever, quirky...and you know how I love the rhythm of alliterative rhyme. Made me smile!

    ReplyDelete