Thursday, March 23, 2017

My Perspective on Surprises

Surprise: an unexpected or astonishing event, fact, or thing:                                                                   


As a child, surprise was among my very favorite words.. It made me think of birthdays and parties with sparkly wrapped boxes, Mama's homemade cakes dripping with sweet icing we would lick from the bowl. Visits with grandma and grandpa where every hug was filled with love. Surprise was synonymous with the word happy, and I couldn't hardly wait for the next one to come.

As an adult, I've developed a totally different perspective. Unlike the fond reminiscences' of childhood, these surprises  pack a heavy wallop that knock me off my feet.  
  
Tomorrow, my baby sister is gets a mastectomy.

What's one supposed to do with a surprise like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment