Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Our Little Slice of Heaven

                               Thank you for loving me! 

A little Slice of Heaven
 A beautiful beginning
We laughed, we danced, we schemed
We held on to each other; we held on to our dreams
Two hearts that once were lonely
Melded easily into one
And we thanked the Lord in heaven
For our daughter and our sons
In time our youth began to fade
but our lives were no less sweet
T’was our love for one another 
That made us feel complete
Now each memory is but a slice
that I nurture tenderly
within the confines of my heart
  keep them safe as they can be
And though you had to leave me here
I know that I'll be fine
 for the slices love created
Live forever in my mind
                                                                                        
                                                                                                                                                                              
                                                                                        
                                                                          
                                                                         
                                                                      

5 comments:

  1. This was lovely. My favorite part is
    Two hearts that once were lonely
    Melded easily into one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful, Mom. Miss him so much! Love you!

    http://justifiablyjulie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and perfectly written, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! There is a lot of heart and soul in just a few words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And though you had to leave me here
    I know that I'll be fine
    for the slices love created
    Live forever in my mind

    Live forever in my mind.

    Oh, dear. Crying for you.
    xo
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete