Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Song that shall not be named....



Have you ever done something that may seem strange to to others, but makes perfect sense to you? 
You may not even realize when it happens, but there's a good chance somewhere down the line your mother or father have done the same thing. 

I came to this realization recently when a certain Beatles' song came on the radio. Now, I am actually a fan of the Beatles and pretty much love every song; however, when this particular song came on I instantly, without thinking, changed the station. I've always been superstitious when it comes to this song. So, superstitions in fact, I will not even reveal the name of the song. 

Upon reflection, I remember my father doing the same thing, with the very same song when I was little. I now realize, his superstition became my superstition. 

So, the song that shall not be named will go down in infamy, and I don't even know why. 


2 comments:

  1. It is baffling how a song or smell or image can bring back such vivid memories from so long ago. There are a couple songs that trigger the same feelings for me. I like your determination to never mention the name again. I think I will adopt the same practice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so seriously funny to me Darlene... very serious business though these superstitions of ours. Love this!

    ReplyDelete