Thursday, March 30, 2017

How selfish am I?




On a scale from one to ten, how selfish am I? 

It 's an age old question that has haunted me for years.

Of course, I'd like to believe I am altruistic, someone that gives for the sake of giving without slightest regard to self.

But then I wonder......

Can I even conceive the meaning of altruistic? 

Even if I give for the sake of giving, isn't there the underlying (selfish) reason hiding behind the scenes.  I want to make a difference?  

I don't know the answer, and perhaps never will. 

But for now, I shall continue to emulate those I perceive to be truly selfless in hopes that one day, I too will make the cut. 

1 comment:

  1. These are some 3 am thoughts, aren't they? My guess is, if you're having these thoughts at all, you're at the "unselfish" end of the selfish spectrum.

    ReplyDelete