Friday, March 31, 2017

The universe has my back



Recently, I've had some rough patches in my life.

"I feel so bad for you! Don't you feel like the universe is out to get you?", came the words of a well meaning friend.

While I won't dwell on details, I thought I'd some personal thoughts. After all, isn't that why we write?

It occurs to me that the universe is not "out to get me". In fact, I look at it in reverse.

While I don't particularly welcome life's challenges, I have learned to appreciate them for what they are. A gift, an opportunity to grow, a chance to learn from, and strengthen, my weaknesses.

I recognize my flaws.....especially those I tend to repeat over and over and over.

  • I must learn to be proactive, not reactive.
  • I must learn to trade anger for forgiveness
  • I must learn to embrace the beauty rather than  pain
  • I must learn to trust in others and not try to go it alone.
  • I must remember that if I focus on the path, the obstacles will be so much less daunting.

As I face today, I will find that ray of sunshine behind the clouds. I will smile in the midst of my tears.


For at the end of the day, I'll continue to believe, the universe has my back.





1 comment:

  1. Yes - this makes more sense that the universe has your back. Best wishes to have strength and a positive mindset through your tough times!

    ReplyDelete